Susquehannock Hall, ca. 1970
File — Box: 11, Folder: 5
Identifier: Folder 5
Scope and Contents
Susquehannock Hall (78 W. Northampton St.) was donated to Bucknell University Junior College by the Weckessers on October 4, 1938. It was known as Weckesser Hall and served as the Farley residence and music classrooms until 1943 when the Farleys moved to Kirby and it became the headquarters of the Army Air Force pre-flight training program. In 1944 it became a women's dormitory. In 1963 it was renamed Susquehannock Hall when the Weckesser property at 170 S. Frankllin St. was added to campus. Susquehannock Hall was razed in 1981.
Dates
- Created: ca. 1970
Conditions Governing Access
Some files contain personal information of donors including addresses - these are restricted from public use.
Extent
From the Collection: 3.99 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Creator
- From the Collection: Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations Department (Organization)
Repository Details
Part of the Wilkes University Archives Repository
Contact:
84 W South St.
Wilkes-Barre PA 18701 US
570-408-2000
570-408-7823 (Fax)
ask.archives@wilkes.edu
84 W South St.
Wilkes-Barre PA 18701 US
570-408-2000
570-408-7823 (Fax)
ask.archives@wilkes.edu
